Wedding Favors: Rocher Topiary
- 10-21/2" terra cotta flower pots
- 1 block floral oasis about 4" x 4" x 4" *
- 40 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
- 1 small piece of cardboard or heavy paper 5" x1"
- 5 drinking straws
- 25' Decorative Ribbon 1/2 " wide
- 5' Decorative floral greenery or small artificial roping
- Non toxic craft glue
- Cut a 11/4 "square chunk of floral oasis with a serrated knife. Place it in a flower pot pushing it down slightly to secure it on the bottom. Cut a nickel sized circle out of the cardboard or heavy paper and set it aside.
- Cut a drinking straw in half. Apply a small amount of glue along the side of one straw piece and wrap it with a 6 "strip of ribbon leaving about 1/2" of unwrapped straw at the end. Insert the unwrapped end in to the middle of the oasis. Glue one of the cardboard circles to the top of the straw so that it lays flat on top. Allow both the ribbon and cardboard to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Insert a piece of floral roping about 6 "long into the oasis, and wrap it up and around the straw, twisting it a few times just below the cardboard circle where the Rocher will go.
- Glue three Rochers to the base of the pot and one more on top.
- If using real greenery, snip small pieces and glue them in and around the roping just below the top Rocher.
- Wrap the pot with a 24"piece of ribbon and secure the back of it with a dab of glue for security. Tie a pretty bow, trim a necessary, and let it dry. Repeat this process for the remaining 9 topiaries.
* Floral oasis is available at craft stores and floral shops. It comes in a variety of sizes, but most often in a standard sized brick. They are quite inexpensive, so if you have some left over, use it to make a lovely flower arrangement in your home.
Yield: 10 Topiaries
Questions or comments? Send me an e-mail!
Back to the Wedding Crafts
© 2003 Ferrero Rocher