Wedding Favors: Rocher Nosegay
- 5-2" Styrofoam balls
- 50 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Non toxic craft glue
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 10 yards Ribbon 1/4" wide
- 10-4" lace or paper doilies about 4" in diameter
- 1 bunch Baby's breath, fresh or dried, or other small flower
- 1 bunch floral greenery for decoration
- Cut one Styrofoam ball in half with a serrated knife. Make a 1/2"" hole in the middle of the flat side of the half with a Popsicle stick. This will make it easier to reinsert the Popsicle stick later.
- Place the half, flat side down on a work surface. Glue 5 Ferrero Rocher chocolates to each one, using toothpicks inserted into the Styrofoam beneath each chocolate for support until the glue dries.
- While the glue dries, snip small pieces of baby's breath and greenery and carefully glue them into the empty spots on the Styrofoam. If you are using artificial flowers, you may be able to insert the pieces directly into the Styrofoam. Allow the bouquets to dry about 30 minutes. Remove the toothpicks.
- Cut 3-12" pieces of ribbon. Apply a thin amount of glue along one edge of a Popsicle stick and starting at one end on a slight diagonal wrap it with one 12" strip of ribbon leaving extra ribbon at the end to trail off the handle. Glue the other 2-12" strips if ribbon to the tip of the handle by wrapping them around it and allowing them to flow from it. Insert the plain side of the handle (the end without the ribbon streamers) into the back of the Styrofoam ball where the hole is at a slight angle, using a small amount of glue to secure it.
- If necessary, cut a 1/4" hole in the middle of each doily, apply a small amount of glue to it, and thread it through the handle up to the back of the bouquet, pressing it gently against the Styrofoam to adhere it. If you don't have doilies, cut out 4" circles of your favorite fabric or paper.
Yield: 10 Nosegays
Questions or comments? Send me an e-mail!
Back to the Wedding Crafts
© 2003 Ferrero Rocher