Easy and Inexpenxive Gift Card Box
This gift card box is easy to make, and very inexpensive, since you can often get the lidded box for free from a photocopy center or at your office!
1. Take the lid off of the box. Using either your scissors or an Exacto knife, cut a slot in the top of the box that is both long and wide enough to accept a large gift card (about nine inches long and 3/4ths of an inch wide). You can put the slot anyplace on the lid of the box, but here I'm showing it close to the edge of one of the sides so that guests can easily reach it.
2. Wrap both the lid and the box separately, using the wedding gift wrap. Fold the wrap to the inside and tape down to the inside of the box and lid.
3. Turn the lid of the box upside down, and carefully cut the wrapping paper covering the slot as shown to form four flaps.
4. Turn these flaps to the inside of the lid, and tape down as shown.
5. Decorate the box with ribbons and bows as desired, but be sure to keep both the lid and box separate so that the lid can be closed and opened at need. You might put some extra ribbon or lace around the edge of the slot in the top to call attention to it if you feel it is necessary.
6. Since the card box will be fairly light, it might be helpful to weight the box with something heavy, like a brick or bag of dried beans in order to keep it from shifting around on the gift table as the guests put in their gift cards!
(Questions or comments? Send me an )
© 2000 Yahoudi